This is where Swoyer Photography gives a shoutout to our favorite vendors, venues, and products. These are people, places, and things that we love and truly believe will make your special event even more special!
MUSIC- Music is something we take very seriously. Music can make or break an event. It is the difference between "their wedding was nice" and "Best wedding ever!!!". Yes, the dress, decorations and ceremony are important. Those things are the backbone of a wedding and are definitely the part the bride and groom are going to look back on for years to come. From a guest's point of view, however, it's all about the band. People wait all day for the dance party phase of the evening. They came from far and wide to help you celebrate so don't you want a band they can shake their booties to?
- The Grift: thegrift.com - These guys are one of our favorite bands in VT. They are based in Burlington and are AWESOME. Their repertoire is huge, they are incredibly talented musicians and they are F.U.N!
- WIll Evans: willevans.com - Mike and I actually had the pleasure of photographing Will and Emily's wedding and to this day it remains one of the most beautiful, most fun, straight up awesome weddings we have ever been to. Will is not only a super nice guy, he is an incredibly talented musician. If you have the opportunity to see him live...do it! If you can get him to play your wedding, definitely do it!
- TS Ensemble: www.tsensemble.com - These guys have talent, charisma, and a great light setup. If you are looking for a big band experience with with the ability to get everyone on their feet these guys are it.
- Dayve Huckett: [email protected] - Dayve plays truly beautiful acoustic guitar during ceremony and cocktail hour. He is kind, easy going and won me over with a seamless transition from Greensleeves to Led Zeppelin. One of the kindest and most personable musicians I have met at an event, Dayve would be a great addition to any wedding, large or small.
VENUE - Location depends a lot on what type of atmosphere you are looking for on your wedding day. Here are some of our favorite spots.
- Arlington's West Mountain Inn: Nestled in the mountains, the inn boasts beautiful gardens, open fields with stunning views, a gorgeous rustic barn and even a campfire ring. Terry and the staff are friendly and accommodating and work tirelessly to make sure their weddings go perfectly. One of my all time favorite venues because of the wonderful hospitality and the gorgeous location. Oh, and also the llamas.
- The Inn at Weathersfield: http://www.weathersfieldinn.com - Owners Marilee and Richard have created a culinary oasis in charming, rural Perkinsville, Vermont. The Inn's unique and compelling history makes it the perfect location for couples looking for a smaller, more intimate wedding experience with a strong emphasis on cuisine and hospitality. For larger weddings in the warmer months the Inn boasts a beautiful secluded amphitheater surrounded by tall trees and a tented reception option. This spot is absolutely magical.
- Cooper Hill Inn, Dover, VT: One of the most beautiful views in Southern Vermont. This is the perfect location for large outdoor and tented weddings. The owners are delightful people and the food is always delicious!
- Turner Farmhouse, Isle La Motte, Northern VT: This spot is perfect for water lovers looking for a combination of classic style and rural charm. The Inn itself is stunning with a handful of guestrooms, a tastefully decorated living area and large, well appointed kitchen. It exists at the end of a dead end road, surrounded by rolling lawns and woods and bordering lake Champlain. It is the perfect spot for a summer or fall outdoor wedding.
- The Inn at Weathersfield: That's right, the food is so good they get a whole other listing in this category.
- Top Tier Bakery, Brattleboro, VT: Brit's cakes are beautiful and delicious. I am always impressed by the creativity and simple elegance of her creations.
HAIR/MAKEUP - Never underestimate the power of a great stylist. Mike and I got married in Mexico (the Baja middle of nowhere part). After being mauled by a couple of ladies in a makeup store in the mall while attempting to pick up some tips for my wedding, I was too gun-shy to actually hire someone to do my makeup at the risk of walking down the aisle looking like a clown. A good recommendation would have given me the courage to let someone come in and do my makeup but alas, I ended up doing it myself.
- Lush Salon: http://lushstowe.com - Jamie Dragon, owner and former Miss VT, knows her stuff. She is the queen of makeup that looks natural but stunning (and photographs beautifully) and elegant hair that lasts all night. Her salon is bright, airy and immaculate and the perfect place for a bride and her ladies to relax, sip a mimosa and get ready for the big event.
- Enright and Co, Brattleboro, VT: this aveda salon is the perfect spot to go get pampered and ready with your ladies.
GOODIES -Fun things to stick in a gift bag, give as a gift or keep for yourself.
- PUUR Body https://www.etsy.com/shop/PuurBody - I stumbled on this little gem at Christmas time. The most delightful natural body products to pamper your guys, girls, or yourself. They smell amazing and actually work. Everything is handmade by Brandi, the owner, so give her plenty of notice for a large order.